Qantas has opened its doors to the new spacious Qantas London Lounge at Heathrow Airport today, as the airline counts down to direct 787 Dreamliner flights between Australia and London.
Qantas has spent the past 12 months building a dedicated lounge at Heathrow as part of a multi-million dollar investment for customers on existing London services as well as the landmark Perth-London route starting on 24 March 2018.
Key features of the lounge
- Seating for more than 230 customers to relax, work and dine before their flight
- Split over two levels with views of the airfield
- Designed by Woods Bagot, the interiors reflect London at twilight and the historic architecture of the city
- A marble cocktail bar on the upper level serving cocktails designed by Qantas Rockpool Mixologists, as well as Australian and European wine and beer
- A gin bar on the lower level offering the finest Australian and British gins
- Á la carte menu designed by Rockpool with a Sofitel service experience
- Business facilities including Wi-Fi, flexible work spaces and workstations
- Six shower suites with Aurora Spa amenities
The new lounge is located at London Heathrow Terminal 3 and will be open daily from 8am – 8.30pm to Qantas customers travelling in First and Business and Qantas Platinum One, Platinum and Gold Qantas Frequent Flyers and their guests. The lounge is also open to eligible oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, Emirates Skywards Platinum and Gold customers and Qantas Club members and their guests.