Geven and PriestmanGoode have unveiled the first new design in the range of next-generation aircraft seats created by the Italian seat manufacturer and the London-based design agency. Elemento is part of the partnership’s project to create an entirely new line of next-generation seats, focused on innovative features that deliver enhanced passenger comfort and benefits, while allowing for maximum airline customisation and easy configuration into different aircraft types.
The lightweight Elemento Economy class seat debuts with a host of features aimed at increasing passenger experience and comfort. The seat’s modular design allows for easier installation and integration of the most varied latest generation monitors and PED holders as well as ease of integration into both wide – and narrow-body aircraft. The design language for Elemento and the rest of the next-generation family of seats is driven by key attributes: Functionality, timelessness elegance, clean and sculptural contours, and a distinct nod to Italy’s unparalleled heritage of exquisite craftsmanship and design.
Features of the Elemento seat include:
- Adjustable privacy headrest, to give passengers extra head support and comfort;
- Integrated table lighting, providing passengers with discreet individual lighting to curl-up and read a favourite book, work, or watch a movie;
- Bespoke woven dress covers featuring a pattern inspired by the Geven ‘V’, and/or airline personalised trim & finish to give the traveler that feeling of being in a special and exclusive environment;
- Enhanced comfort solutions (patented wave system) for an unforgettable flight experience in maximum comfort;
- Adjustable PED Holders, designed to accommodate all possible variants of Personal Electronic Devices carried on board by passengers;
- Cocktail table for that drink that is a good accessory to any enjoyable flight;
- Large passenger stowage compartments so that all those tiny but indispensable belongings that one must carry onto a flight can be neatly tucked-away during the journey;
- Quick installation fitting for ease of maintenance operations when needed.
The color palette was inspired by the Geven brand colors and the Italian coastline at sunset, with light grey seats, deep blue headrests and seat frames with red accents. This combination gives a fresh and clean visual chromatic experience with bursts of warmth. Bright whites have been used to highlight key features of the seats. Technical materials, like mesh, were chosen to keep the interiors contemporary and nod to Italy’s heritage of designing high performance vehicles. Sustainability was a key driver in the selection of finishes, and natural metal finishes were chosen to offer a more environmentally conscious approach, as well as reflect Geven’s mission to deliver honest, hardworking, exquisitely crafted products. The Premium, Premium + and Business Class seats will be unveiled later this year.