Eaton and SIA Engineering incorporate JV

0
87
SIA-Engineering-What-You-Need-to-Know-About-its-Business-Before-You-Invest

Aviation Festival AFA 728 x 90Mainboard-listed SIA Engineering Company (SIAEC) and Eaton have incorporated a joint venture company, Eaton Aerospace Component Services Asia Sdn Bhd, in Malaysia. SIAEC holds a 49% equity stake in the company and Eaton holds the remaining 51%. The initial issued share capital is RM470 (equivalent of USD100), which will eventually be increased to approximately RM75 million (equivalent of USD16 million).

This follows SIAEC’s and Eaton’s announcement on 11 July 2023 (Singapore time) of the signing of a definitive agreement to form a component maintenance, repair and overhaul joint venture to inspect, test, repair, maintain, modify and overhaul Eaton-manufactured aircraft components installed on airframe and engine fuel systems and hydraulic systems. The Malaysian-based JV will leverage the combined expertise and experience of Eaton and SIAEC to serve customers in Asia Pacific.

With the addition of the JV, SIAEC now has a comprehensive portfolio of 24 subsidiaries and joint ventures with leading original equipment manufacturers and other strategic partners across eight countries.

The incorporation of the JV is not expected to have a material impact on the net tangible assets per share or the earnings per share of the SIAEC Group for the financial year ending 31 March2025. None of the Directors and controlling shareholders of SIAEC has any interest, direct or indirect, in the incorporation of the JV, other than through their shareholdings (if any) in SIAEC.

SIA Engineering Company is a major provider of aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services in Asia-Pacific. SIAEC has a client base of more than 80 international carriers and aerospace equipment manufacturers. It provides line maintenance services at more than 30 airports in 8 countries, as well as airframe, engine and component services on some of the most advanced and widely used commercial aircraft in the world.

The 24 subsidiaries and joint ventures with original equipment manufacturers and strategic partners in Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, United States and Vietnam increase the depth and breadth of the company’s service offerings. SIAEC has approvals from 29 national aviation regulatory authorities to provide MRO services for aircraft registered in the United States of America, Europe, China and other countries.

AAV_Bulletin_NEWS


For Editorial Inquiries Contact:
Editor Matt Driskill at matt.driskill@asianaviation.com
For Advertising Inquiries Contact:
Head of Sales Kay Rolland at kay.rolland@asianaviation.com

AAV Media Kit
Previous articleSITA partners with SUTD on pax processing
Next articleStaff at Australia’s Bonza lose their jobs

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here